Skip to main content
Two people shaking hands having completed a successful transfer up of a CCJ by Equivo

Transfer CCJ to High Court

Have you obtained a County Court Judgment (CCJ) that exceeds £600 (including court costs)? If so, this is eligible to be transferred to a High Court Writ on your behalf by using our team of High Court Enforcement experts.

We can transfer-up your County Court Judgment (CCJ) and issue a High Court Writ if:

  • You have not received the payments as required by the Court on the CCJ
  • The value of the CCJ is over £600
  • The debt relating to the CCJ is not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act
  • The judgment is less than 6 years old

We arrange FREE transfer-up services for clients with judgments awarded in a County Court that require transfer-up for enforcement to the High Court.

The High Court Enforcement process for County Court Judgments (CCJs) can then begin once the judgment has been transferred-up to the High Court for enforcement.

Transfer-up for High Court Enforcement

County Court Judgments (CCJs) that have been issued in a County Court will need to be transferred-up to the High Court for enforcement. Judgments that originate in the High Court can usually be authorised for High Court enforcement more quickly. We can assist with this process.

  • If you wish for Equivo to manage the whole transfer-up process, we will process a required Form N293A and obtain the Writ of Control as a full service.
  • If you already have the Form N239A approved by the County Court for transfer-up, we can complete the remaining stages of the process.

Ready to transfer-up your CCJ for High Court Enforcement? Find out more on the process to reclaiming your money back.

How much does it cost to transfer-up a CCJ to a High Court Writ?

A court fee of £78.00 is payable. This will be added to the amount owed by the debtor and recovered after a successful enforcement is carried out. We provide the transfer-up service without charge.

Please note, there is a compliance fee of £90.00 if we are unsuccessful in our attempts to recover your debt.

Why choose Equivo to enforce a CCJ or money judgment?

  •  FREE full or part transfer-up service
  •  Excellent collection rate
  •  Fast turnaround time
  •  Enforcement costs payable by the debtor
  •  Court fees recoverable from the debtor
  •  Reclaim what is rightfully owed to you

High Court Enforcement Officers vs County Court Bailiffs

When enforcing County Court Judgments, High Court Enforcement Officers (HCEOs) have a much higher collection rate compared to County Court Bailiffs.

Given the considerable greater powers of an HCEO, Equivo are able to apply for, and enforce, a Writ of Control which allows us to trace, contact and visit a debtor to take control of any assets in order to repay the judgment debt.

Need help to transfer-up a CCJ to the High Court?

For further information on how Equivo can assist you with the enforcement of CCJs, please contact our London office on 020 7788 8484 or instruct us online