Skip to main content
Two people shaking hands having completed a successful transfer up of a CCJ by Equivo

CCJ Enforcement

Have you successfully obtained a County Court Judgment (CCJ) that you need enforced? If you have obtained a County Court Judgment CCJ in England and Wales over the amount of £600, Equivo are able to assist to claim back what is rightfully owed to you.

CCJs that have been issued in a County Court will need to be transferred-up to the High Court for enforcement. As High Court Enforcement Officers, we are also able to assist with this process.

Already have a CCJ?

Have you have obtained a County Court Judgement (CCJ) that exceeds £600 (including court costs)? If so, this is eligible to be transferred to a High Court Writ for enforcement on your behalf by our team of High Court Enforcement experts.

We can enforce a County Court Judgment (CCJ) by issuing a High Court Writ if:

  • You have not received the payments as required by the Court on the CCJ
  • The value of the CCJ is over £600
  • The debt relating to the CCJ is not regulated by the Consumer Credit Act
  • The judgment is less than 6 years old
Equivo offices overlooking the High Court, Strand, London.

Why choose Equivo?

With a fast turnaround time and excellent collection rate you can reclaim what is rightfully owed to you. Enforcement costs and court fees recoverable from the debtor.

Instruct Us Now

How to Enforce a CCJ

FAQs about transferring CCJs

How much does it cost to transfer a CCJ to High Court?

The transfer of a County Court Judgment to the High Court for enforcement is free. This process is subject to the court's turnaround times but the transfer-up process typically takes around 10-14 days. To then have the Writ of Control issued by the High Court, there is a court fee of £78.00 that is payable to HMCTS.

Please note, there is a compliance fee of £90.00 if we are unsuccessful in our attempts to recover your debt.

How do you enforce a judgment against a company?

If you have obtained a County Court Judgment (CCJ) against a company then you can apply for a Court Order called a warrant of execution. This would allow you to instruct Equivo enforcement agents (bailiffs) to enforce the judgment and seize assets of value owned by the company.

When can I enforce a judgment?

Enforcement of a judgment must begin within the first 6 years of it being obtained. A creditor may continue attempts to enforce a judgment after this, as long as the initial attempt was made within this this timescale.

Reclaim What is Owed to You

For further information on how Equivo can assist you with the enforcement of CCJs, please contact our London office or send a copy of your judgment:

020 7788 8484 instruct us online