Working hours: Full time
Team: Unsecured Recoveries
We are the first nationwide provider of end-to-end debt and property recovery services and we bring a huge wealth of expertise and experience to the market. Setting the standard for debt resolution by achieving what is right and fair while treating everyone we encounter with respect and sensitivity.
As a service business, our culture is based on a core belief in our greatest asset - our people.
We have a great opportunity for a Recoveries Executive to join our team here at Equivo.
The Unsecured Recoveries team act for a number of banks, building societies, other consumer finance lenders and debt purchasers, dealing with unsecured lending products including loans, credit cards, overdrafts and guarantees. We provide a full range of volume recoveries and litigation options, whilst ensuring that we have the expertise and experience to deal with complex and technical issues arising from volume recoveries.
We currently have a requirement for a Recoveries Executive, within this role you will act on behalf of leading financial services organisations, providing a quality and comprehensive recoveries service with a client and customer service focus. You will undergo full training to deal with financial services litigation cases and utilise commercial strategies to reach a conclusion.
- Telephone engagement with customers, both inbound and outbound
- Negotiate affordable repayment plans
- Identify early settlement opportunities
- Taking payments from customers
- Use your judgement to ensure all customers are treated fairly in line with FCA guidelines
- Identify complaints and attempt to resolve the complaint in line with internal policies and FCA requirements
- To be familiar with and follow the Unit's policies, procedures and processes
- Comply with all policies and all regulatory requirements
- Control and manage your workload effectively and efficiently using the relevant case management systems and processes appropriately
- Be responsible and accountable for your workload including meeting internal and client SLA requirements
- Attend and complete any training in a timely manner
- Liaise with other internal teams as appropriate
- Assist the Unit in achieving financial targets, other KPIs and meeting budgets.
Skills and qualifications
- Confident telephone manner
- IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel and the internet
- Ability to deal with difficult telephone conversations with any of the key stakeholders in the recoveries process confidently and calmly and refer if appropriate
- Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
- Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
- Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative
- Friendly and helpful approach
Equivo is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn). Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.