Recoveries Executive (Unsecured)
Working hours: Flexible, part-time hours considered
Team: Unsecured Recoveries - Defended
Location: Agile - Northampton/Manchester/Home
We are the first nationwide provider of end-to-end debt and property recovery services and we bring a huge wealth of expertise and experience to the market. Setting the standard for debt resolution by achieving what is right and fair while treating everyone we encounter with respect and sensitivity.
As a service business, our culture is based on a core belief in our greatest asset - our people.
We have a great opportunity for a Recoveries Executive to join our team here at Equivo.
Our Litigation Division provides a complete range of debt recovery services utilising cutting edge technology and with specialists dealing with different debt types, all operating under a centralised management structure allowing us to deliver consistently excellent service.
We act for a wide variety of captive clearing and retail banks, building societies and other lenders and creditors including debt purchasers.
Our specialist team of unsecured recoveries litigators is trained to deal with unsecured recoveries for our lender clients, including loan, overdraft and credit card recoveries, using commercial strategies and to engage with the customer at an early stage of proceedings. We deal with all cases, from routine undefended matters to large complex cases.
The team in Northampton and Manchester is a large team and covers all areas of unsecured recoveries including standard and defended litigation.
We currently have a requirement for Recoveries Executive in the Defended team, the role involves conducting defended/complex litigation and enforcement, dealing with clients, debtors and representatives, courts and agents by telephone, in correspondence and in person. The role includes negotiating appropriate repayment solutions with debtors prior to and as part of the litigation process.
We identify with candidates who are team players and show a strong work ethic.
We appreciate that the Covid-19 pandemic has changed expectations around where and how we work. We pride ourselves on having a culture and the technology that lends itself well to agile working practices and in this role we expect to offer a mix of office and home working.
We are a values-driven business – our values are at the core of the company and we evaluate how we behave in accordance with these values.
- Managing own caseload of defended and complex unsecured recoveries matters
- Dealing with key stages of litigation within a case management system, so prior experience of using Visual Files or similar will be an advantage
- Negotiating repayment(s) and/or settlements
- Maintaining integrity of data for own case load
- Ensuring electronic post and emails are correctly catalogued and saved to relevant files on a daily basis
- Assisting with the compilation of client reports
- To achieve and maintain an up to date task list
- Assisting with client billing and collection of unpaid client invoices
- To maintain a professional manner within the office environment, with clients and any other third parties
- To answer and return calls in accordance with the firm’s policy and client's Service Level Agreements
- To comply with client Service Level Agreements
- To complete tasks/activities upon instruction of a Team Leader or other senior member of the team/department
- As part of your role you will responsible for supporting and promoting Equivo’s Quality Management System as guided by Senior Management.
Skills and qualifications
- Degree, LPC or Ilex qualification preferred.
- Previous legal experience in Debt Recovery, Insolvency or previous Paralegal experience within a Law Firm
- Excellent client care skills
- Self-confidence and ability to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to grasp things quickly and easily.
- Enthusiastic with a positive, can do attitude
- Good working knowledge of various applications – word, excel, outlook
- Taking care and attention into all correspondence and documentation
- Flexible with the ability to adapt to change, new practices and remain calm under pressure and find solutions
- A methodical and organised approach with keen attention paid to every detail
- Excellent organisational skills are required for this role to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales.
- Friendly and helpful approach to dealing with queries
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to integrate within a team as well as working on one’s own initiative.
Equivo is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn). Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.