Working hours: Full-time (flexible working hours / part time hours can be discussed)
Team: Quality Assurance Team
Location: Northampton & Manchester
We are the first nationwide provider of end-to-end debt and property recovery services and we bring a huge wealth of expertise and experience to the market. Setting the standard for debt resolution by achieving what is right and fair while treating everyone we encounter with respect and sensitivity.
As a service business, our culture is based on a core belief in our greatest asset - our people.
We have a great opportunity for a Quality Assurance Assessor to join our team here at Equivo.
The Quality Assurance Review Team (QAT) is responsible for the routine monitoring of all FCA regulated customer facing teams ensuring that Practice Groups adhere to (and can evidence that we are adhering to) the set regulatory requirements. The QAT is also responsible for providing the Executive with up to date and timely information on key risks and issues across the Practice Groups, and for delivering internal (non-legal) training and the maintenance of all training records.
The Quality Assurance Assessor will be competent in the technical and procedural requirements to undertake call and file monitoring of case handlers and others within the Practice Groups that have FCA regulation, to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and specific client requirements.
- To undertake and document file and call audits in accordance with the agreed Call and File Monitoring standards and respective unit Training & Competence (T&C) scheme, in a timely manner, to provide evidence allowing the unit to monitor its compliance with regulatory, legal and client standards;
- To liaise with Team Leaders to provide monthly reports of call and file audits per case handler and other staff to be used for feedback in 1-2-1s and to ensure that any areas where non-compliance is identified are flagged up to allow the Team Leader to resolve the identified issues swiftly;
- To liaise with Team Leaders/Trainer where material non-compliance is identified such that:
- the case handler and/ or team in question is re-trained;
- the process is reviewed and amended where necessary
- To provide monthly trend analysis on issues identified during call and file monitoring to the respective unit management team;
- To extract call calibration data from MI reports, provide MI to clients, extract required calls from call recording system and submit to client, review submitted calls in readiness for client call calibration sessions;
- To support the unit during client audits and attend such audits where required in relation to call and file monitoring processes;
- To work with other first line of defence assessors and the second line of defence compliance team to enhance call and file monitoring processes;
- To provide appropriate MI to the unit head and other unit managers as required, including monthly MI required to inform the TCF dashboard.
- Supporting senior managers in providing compliant recoveries services
- To be familiar with and follow the Unit's policies, procedures and processes
- Comply with all of the firm's policies and all regulatory requirements
- Control and manage your workload effectively and efficiently using the relevant case management systems and IS resources and processes appropriately
- Be responsible and accountable for your workload including meeting internal and client SLA requirements
- Be aware of associated areas of law impacting the Unit's delivery of its service, and keep up to date with any associated legal or regulatory changes
- Recognise any potential issues in cases and refer these appropriately
- Attend and complete any training in a timely manner
- Attend internal and external meetings as required and assist in implementing changes to any Unit procedures.
- Liaise with other internal teams as appropriate
- As part of your role you will responsible for supporting and promoting Equivo’s Quality Management System as guided by Senior Management
Skills and qualifications
- Good understanding of the agreed Call and File Monitoring standards; respective unit Training & Competence (T&C) schemes and any specific client requirements in relation to call and file monitoring
- IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel and the internet
- Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient
- Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
- Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative
- Friendly and helpful approach
- To work with integrity and impartiality
Equivo is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.