Working hours: Full-time (37.5 hours)
We are the first nationwide provider of end-to-end debt and property recovery services and we bring a huge wealth of expertise and experience to the market. Setting the standard for debt resolution by achieving what is right and fair while treating everyone we encounter with respect and sensitivity.
As a service business, our culture is based on a core belief in our greatest asset - our people.
We have a great opportunity for a Junior Visualfiles Developer to join our team here at Equivo.
The main purpose of this role is to develop and enhance the functionality of Equivo’s Case Management Systems in line with business requirements, ensuring that the reliability and integrity of these systems falls within Equivo’s targeted 99.9% uptime.
Typically, the role will be;
- (95%) Case management development, administration, application support and analysis
- (5%) Other tasks as appropriate
- To participate in the full development cycle of a project, including analysis, functional design, technical design, development, test and remediation plus documentation.
- Administer the Visualfiles in accordance with the needs of the business.
- Provide a key point of liaison between relevant areas of the business and the IT Department to ensure rapid response to all problems, ideas, issues and queries raised.
- Resolve problems relating to applications and their use, within Visualfiles
- Work with other members of IT and the business to ensure that effective change control is operated.
- Support other members of the Development team and of the IT Department as a whole.
- Ensure that internal customers receive the highest levels of service.
Technical skills and competencies
Our ideal candidate will;
- Be self-motivating with a flexible approach, including a preparedness to actively seek work.
- An inquisitive and analytical mind, but well grounded in reality.
- A methodical and accurate worker, able to see tasks through to the end.
- The ability to express ideas clearly in speech, email and documentation.
- 1+ years of Visualfiles experience
- Good understanding of IT systems and infrastructure.
- Exposure to Visualfiles case management system either as an advanced user or administrator.
- Experience in a law firm, professional services firm or other service sector industry
- Basic understanding of a Microsoft programming language.
- Experience of .Net
Occasional travel to other Equivo offices may be necessary.
It is essential that the Systems Developer can work flexible or extended hours to complete some tasks outside of core business hours of 08:00 to 18:00.
We identify with candidates who are team players and show a strong work ethic.
We appreciate that the Covid-19 pandemic has changed expectations around where and how we work. We pride ourselves on having a culture and the technology that lends itself well to agile working practices and in this role we expect to offer a mix of office and home working.
We are a values-driven business – our values are at the core of the company and we evaluate how we behave in accordance with these values.
Equivo is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn).Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.