Working hours: Full time/part-time hours considered
Team: Client Relationship Team
We are the first nationwide provider of end-to-end debt and property recovery services, and we bring a huge wealth of expertise and experience to the market. Setting the standard for debt resolution by achieving what is right and fair while treating everyone we encounter with respect and sensitivity.
As a service business, our culture is based on a core belief in our greatest asset - our people.
We have a great opportunity for a Client Relationship Executive to join our team here at Equivo.
Equivo provides a complete range of debt recovery services utilising cutting edge technology and with specialists dealing with different debt types, all operating under a centralised management structure allowing us to deliver consistently excellent service. Equivo comprises three divisions (1) Legal Services, (2) Field Services and Collections and (3) Enforcement.
Within the Legal Services Division, we act for a wide variety of banks, building societies, other lenders, debt buyers and other creditors.
Our specialist teams are trained to deal with a variety of debt recovery activities. The Customer Engagement Team is key to our business, engaging with our clients’ customers through a number of channels to find effective and reasonable solutions for customers to repay their debt without the need for litigation or, where litigation is appropriate, to engage with customers to continue to seek suitable solutions.
To support the client relationship managers in managing client relationships and ensuring that Equivo delivers in line with client expectations across our business.
- To be an expert in initially one but ultimately be highly competent in all product lines, extending to Unsecured, ABL, Mortgage, or Commercial Lending and other creditor types as the business develops.
- To demonstrate an understanding of financial and commercial decisions within this area of expertise and be aware of the impact of them.
- To be able to identify new target markets and business opportunities generating ideas for new revenue generation
- To be innovative and be able to create account collection and litigation strategies, ensuring fair outcomes for customers, maximise performance and ultimately drive sales with clients to meet annual targets and other key KPIs.
- To have or gain a thorough knowledge and understanding of our clients, including their personnel, how they are structured, an appreciation of what is important to them and ultimately what they are seeking to achieve.
- To assist with the production of tender responses and other proposals and presentations to clients and targets to secure new instructions.
- To work closely with other business units to expand cross selling opportunities.
- To liaise with other members of the business on existing accounts and portfolios.
Audit and Assurance
- To complete pre-audit questionnaires (including liaising with relevant other teams within Equivo) and manage the requirements in relation to ongoing conduct risk and customer assurance reviews
- To support “on the day” audit requirements with clients and assist in completion of any action plans
- To support change management in relation to internal and client changes to process and procedure to ensure such changes are captured, documented, cascaded to the business and trained
- To monitor client satisfaction post sale and ensuring a high level of customer service internally.
- To respond to client requests and queries
- To carry out due diligence requests
- To facilitate any new client onboarding requirements
Performance Meetings, Governance and MI
- To attend governance meetings and to be confident to deputise for Manager in client meetings
- To prepare agendas, supporting documents, and minutes for client meetings
- To support in managing the day to day client relationship and understand the workload
- To support client process mapping and best practice sharing
- To proactively identify any potential client issues and working with colleagues and management, seeking to develop early solutions .
- To prepare, deliver, and/or analyse client reports in line with SLAs
- build relationships with key personnel within the Operational Delivery teams and liaise with other internal teams as appropriate.
- To attend meetings with senior management for business planning.
- To be familiar with teams' policies, procedures and processes
- To comply with all of the companies' policies and all regulatory requirements
- To be responsible and accountable for your workload including meeting internal and client SLA requirements
- To comply with client Service Level Agreements
- To answer and return calls in accordance with the firms policy and client's Service Level Agreements
- To control and manage your workload effectively and efficiently using the relevant case management systems and IS resources and processes appropriately
- To be aware of associated areas of law impacting the team's delivery of its service
- To recognise any potential issues in cases and refer these appropriately
- To attend and complete any training in a timely manner
- To support with the implementation of any changes within the team
- To assist the team in achieving financial targets, other KPIs, management information and meeting budgets.
- To be Responsible for supporting and promoting Equivo’s Quality Management System as guided by Senior Management.
- To be able to make recommendations for change and be familiar with guidelines they need to operate within To maintain a professional manner within colleagues, clients and any other third parties
- To support the team with relevant business or client tasks when required.
- As part of your role, you will be responsible for supporting and promoting Equivo’s Quality Management System as guided by Senior Management
Skills and qualifications
- Previous experience working in an account management role, desirable
- Proven track record of growing business with large customer accounts, desirable
- Industry experience ideally from a company within the same market, desirable
- Minimum - English and Maths GCSEs
- Previous legal experience in Debt Recovery, Insolvency or Credit Control, or previous Paralegal experience within a Law Firm, in particular in relation to financial services debt, desirable
- Excellent client care skills
- Self-confidence and ability to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to grasp things quickly and easily.
- Enthusiastic with a positive, can do attitude, friendly and helpful approach
- IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel and the internet
- Familiar with all technology relevant for the role and is able to share expertise with colleagues A confident telephone manner, and able to build a rapport
- Proven listening skills
- Ability to deal with difficult telephone conversations with any of the key stakeholders confidently and calmly and refer if appropriate
- Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient, to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales.
- Able to handle pressure effectively
- Commercial awareness and thinking
- Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
- Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative
We would love to hear from those with recent experience in Customer Services or Litigation.
You will need to be used to working from different document management systems.
Our ideal candidate will have good communication skills and an ability to be adaptable.
We identify with candidates who are team players and show a strong work ethic.
We pride ourselves on having a culture and the technology that lends itself well to agile working practices and in this role we expect to offer a mix of office and home working.
We are a values-driven business – our values are at the core of the company and we evaluate how we behave in accordance with these values.
Equivo is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn). Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.