Business Solutions Assistant
Term: Maternity Cover - 6 months Fixed Term Contract
Working hours: Full-time (37.5)
We are the first nationwide provider of end-to-end debt and property recovery services and we bring a huge wealth of expertise and experience to the market. Setting the standard for debt resolution by achieving what is right and fair while treating everyone we encounter with respect and sensitivity.
As a service business, our culture is based on a core belief in our greatest asset - our people.
We have a great opportunity for a Business Solutions Assistant to join our team here at Equivo.
Estates Management is the integration of processes within an organisation to maintain and develop the agreed services which support and improve the effectiveness of its primary activities. Effective estates management, combining resources and activities, is vital to the success of any organisation. At a corporate level, it contributes to the delivery of strategic and operational objectives. On a day-to day level, effective estates management provides a safe and efficient working environment, which is essential to the performance of any business – whatever its size and scope. Responsibilities of this team include property strategy, space management and communications infrastructure to building maintenance, administration and contract management.
To be part of the Estates Management Operations team to deliver excellent client service in our office. Estates Management Operations covers Reprographics, Post and Scanning.
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the department including but not limited to – scanning, mail, photocopying and faxes, PQST and stationery.
- Work within the Estates team and carry out the following including but not limited to – scanning, processing of mail, printing, faxes, PQST, delivery of all stationery around the building, deliveries and collections of parcels and packages.
- Attend 1:1’s with your line manager on a regular basis
- Ensure all post/parcels are promptly collected from reception. Personal packages to be kept in the estates room with an email going to the staff member, business deliveries to be collected and delivered to the staff member.
- Take a proactive approach to ensure all aspects of office consumables are recycled in line with the company’s CSR policies.
- Assist in safety, evacuation and disaster recovery plan procedures and be flexible in workings hours to support the business.
This information is not comprehensive and other responsibilities or duties may fall to this remit from time to time.
Skills and qualifications
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Ability to identify problems and act on them promptly and efficiently.
- Positive communicator with the ability to motivate others.
- Problem solving skills and experience of dealing in a fast-paced demanding environment.
- Pro-active, “can-do” attitude with excellent customer service skill
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical approach to work
- Good team player
- Adaptable with a positive attitude toward change
- Good understanding of Microsoft Office
Equivo is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the firm is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn). Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.