Working hours: Full time/part-time hours considered
Team: Litigation Processing Team
We are the first nationwide provider of end-to-end debt and property recovery services and we bring a huge wealth of expertise and experience to the market. Setting the standard for debt resolution by achieving what is right and fair while treating everyone we encounter with respect and sensitivity.
As a service business, our culture is based on a core belief in our greatest asset - our people.
We have a great opportunity for a Billing Executive to join our team here at Equivo.
Equivo provides a complete range of debt recovery services utilising cutting edge technology and with specialists dealing with different debt types, all operating under a centralised management structure allowing us to deliver consistently excellent service. Equivo comprises three divisions (1) Legal Services, (2) Field Services and Collections and (3) Enforcement.
Within the Legal Services Division, we act for a wide variety of banks, building societies, other lenders, and debt buyers.
Our specialist teams are trained to deal with a variety of debt recovery activities. Within the Legal Services Division, this includes both Customer Engagement and Litigation teams under our Operational Delivery pillar who are responsible for the day to day delivery of services to clients. Our Client Relationship teams work closely with clients and with our Operational Deliver teams to ensure that we deliver our services in line with client expectations.
Our Litigation Team works closely with the Customer Engagement team to issue and progress litigation to judgment and, where necessary, enforcement in circumstances where litigation activity proves necessary. The team will progress and/or pause/halt litigation in line with instructions from the Customer Engagement Team where appropriate.
To co-ordinate and apply processes to remit funds to our clients, and ensure invoices are raised and send to our clients in accordance with strict SLA’s.
- Ensuring incoming funds are correctly allocated to accounts in a timely fashion.
- Undertake further investigation where the information provided does not easily identify the correct account.
- Applying process to ensure that cleared funds are remitted to our clients.
- General oversight of payments prior to their remittance to client.
- Production and distribution of invoices.
- Ability to fact find, sourcing information and data from relevant team members and documents.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the billing process and the invoices that are issued.
- To be responsible and accountable for your workload including meeting internal and client SLA requirements
- To comply with client Service Level Agreements
- To be familiar with teams' policies, procedures and processes
- To comply with all of the companies' policies and all regulatory requirements
- To control and manage your workload effectively and efficiently using the relevant case management systems and IS resources and processes appropriately
- To attend and complete any training in a timely manner
- To support with the implementation of any changes within the team
- To liaise with other internal teams and shares best practice as appropriate
- To understand and have an awareness of financial and commercial decisions
- To assist the team in achieving financial targets, other KPIs, management information and meeting budgets.
- To support and promote Equivo’s Quality Management System as guided by Senior Management.
- To maintain a professional manner within colleagues, clients and any other third parties
- To support the team with relevant business or client tasks when required.
- To assist with the compilation of client reports
- As part of your role, you will be responsible for supporting and promoting Equivo’s Quality Management System as guided by Senior Management
Skills and qualifications
- The role requires a strong level of competence in excel and will be suited to someone who is comfortable with technology.
- Minimum English and Maths GCSE
- Self-confidence and ability to demonstrate initiative
- Ability to grasp things quickly and easily, self-motivated
- Enthusiastic with a positive, can do attitude, friendly and helpful approach
- Inquisitive approach, questioning and gathering a full understanding of the facts relating to each case
- Able to apply a logical approach to identify when processes are incomplete and further data is required
- IT literate with experience of using Word, Excel and the internet
- Develops skills to be very familiar with all technology relevant for the role and is able to share expertise with colleagues
- Good written, numeracy and oral communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise, be organised and efficient, to ensure that the tasks are effectively scheduled within working time available, and that urgent work is completed and returned within the specified timescales.
- Able to handle pressure effectively
- Commercial awareness and thinking
- Flexibility with the capability to adapt to change, new practices and cope under pressure but with the ability to recognise when to seek assistance
- Able to integrate within a team and able to work on your own initiative
- Excellent organisational skills are required for this role
We identify with candidates who are team players and show a strong work ethic.
We pride ourselves on having a culture and the technology that lends itself well to agile working practices and in this role we expect to offer a mix of office and home working.
We are a values-driven business – our values are at the core of the company and we evaluate how we behave in accordance with these values.
Equivo is a committed Equal Opportunities employer promoting equality of opportunity. This means that everyone who either applies to or works for the company is treated equally, whatever their gender, age, ethnic origin, nationality, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or religious beliefs.
Due to the nature of the work undertaken, confirmation of employment will be subject to a variety of checks which will be carried out once an offer of employment is accepted. These checks will include employment references covering the last 5 years, proof of ID, proof of address covering the last 5 years, Personnel Vetting credit search (which will only highlight insolvency or County Court Judgments - should any adverse data show on the Personnel Vetting search then any offer of employment made will be withdrawn). Terrorism Check (against data supplied by the Bank of England) and a DBS check previously known as a Criminal Records check.